Having failed to find success by following the marketing advice given by extroverts, I came to the conclusion that there is a better way for introverts to promote a lifestyle business – a quieter way.
So I’ve stopped networking and doing a lot of the face-to-face stuff that used to drain me of energy. Now I mainly use the internet. It’s the ideal medium for introverts in business – enabling us to connect with like-minded people, both near and far, without having to actually rub shoulders with them! 😉
With a background as an IT consultant, I have worked as a life / careers and business coach, and a web designer.
I now offer Visibility Coaching to help Quiet Entrepreneurs like you to raise your online profile and increase your visibility, and also help you create marketing and training videos, to promote and deliver your services.
During a 20 year career as an IT consultant, I worked on projects for organisations around the world, including IBM, BBC, SHL, Novartis, Barclays and UniChem, implementing systems to support business processes and provide coaching, on-line training and connection with peers in the global business community.
Training and Qualifications
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages
- BPS Level A, Occupational Testing and Personality Profiling (SHL)
- Trinity College Certificate in TESOL
- Inspired Coach – Institute of Human Development
- Professional Coaching Certificate (ICF accredited) – The Kerslake Company
- Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) – Mind Training Systems
- Time Line Therapy® and Create Your Future Coaching® Master Practitioner – Mind Training Systems
- Master Practitioner of Hypnosis – Mind Training Systems
- Certified NLP Master Coach – Mind Training Systems
- Licensed Profiting From Your Passions® career coach (affiliate link) – Valerie Young
Guest Blog Posts, Interviews and Speaking engagements
I have been interviewed or written guest articles for the following radio shows, blogs and magazines, and spoken at the following conferences:
Speaker at the Polyglot Gathering, Berlin, Germany – May 2016
Do Introverts Make the Best Polyglots?
Interviewed by The Telegraph – November 2015
Quiet entrepreneurs – how to succeed in a noisy world
Interviewed by Profit Inšpirujte Sa magazine, Slovakia – April 2014
“Nenápadná podnikateľka” (“The Quiet Entrepreneur”)
Speaker at Inner Winner conference, Bratislava, Slovakia – March 2014
The Quiet Entrepreneur’s Guide to Business Success for Introverts
Interviewed by Tanja Gardner – Conscious Introvert Success – March 2014
Awesome Introverts Amongst Us
Interviewed by Mary Joyce – The Resources Queen – January 2014
Mindset and Marketing for Introverts in Business
Interviewed by Laynita L Cichy – Design Inspired Lives – October 2013
Empowering Introverts radio interview (audio files open in a new window):
Part 1 – my personal story and journey (18 mins)
Part 2 – the Introvert story (20 mins)
Part 3 – Introverts in relationships (18 mins)
Part 4 – Introverts in business (24 mins)
My vision for The Quiet Entrepreneur website is to
- build a community of introvert experts
- raise the profile of introverts in business globally
- help you to be more visible, as an introvert business owner, and to make more of a difference in the world by delivering your message on-line to an international audience – while managing your energy and fully honouring your introvert strengths
This is why I created The Quiet Entrepreneur Facebook group and The Quiet Entrepreneur Introvert Business Directory.
To find out more about how I can help you to raise your profile and increase your visibility, or if you’d like to collaborate on a project, please complete the form on the Contact page
Sing to Beat Breast Cancer Choir
Between 2008 and 2013, I was diagnosed with breast cancer three times. In 2014 the cancer spread to my spine, and in 2016 to my brain. Fortunately, each time it has been successfully treated. My vision for myself is to inspire and empower other introverts; to lead by example; and to ensure that I take care of my own wellbeing, and get the right amount of personal space and alone time for myself, in order to maintain healthy energy levels.
In 2013 I helped a friend put together the Sing To Beat Breast Cancer choir, made up of twenty women who have been directly affected by Breast Cancer.
In August 2013 we recorded a charity single, “You Raise Me Up”, with classical singers Camilla Kerslake and Blake – 50p from every download goes to the Breast Cancer Campaign charity, to fund cancer research in the UK and Ireland.
To read my personal blog and find out more about my film making, photography, intuitive painting and writing, visit my website: www.juliabarnickle.com